" Order Now
Get Professional help for P.Eng Licensure CANADA

Get Professional help for P.Eng Licensure CANADA (Format 2023)

Work Experience Reporting (Format 2023)

APEGS would like you to include the part you played in the project and any background information you have in your work experience report.

For the most part, each point is made up of statements in the first person singular tense. It is advised to avoid using terms such as "assisted," "involved," or "participated" and any such references to the work in the personal contribution section of the project due to the fact that these words are typically generic and do not add any value to the project's overall personal contribution.

Furthermore, when documenting the project in work experience reporting, it is mandatory to highlight the progress made in comparison to the previous position. Additionally, work experience is often measured on a scale of 5-55, and thus the APEGS report must include information about how your job evolves over the course of your experience as you go up the ladder of success in your field of expertise. It is also advised to include a single project example in a variety of different report sections.

To illustrate this, theory-related information in one of the projects might indicate application in component design as well as management activities such as supervising technicians and monitoring expenses, as well as knowledge of the social consequences of the information.

However, it is important to include a variety of experiences in the report in order to demonstrate working capabilities in a variety of situations and disciplines.

Work Experience Reporting – Engineering

It is always suggested that you thoroughly read and understand the criteria before submitting an application for APEGS Work Experience Reporting. This step will considerably increase the likelihood of success while decreasing the chance of resubmission. APEGS Canada has launched a new online Competency-Based Assessment (CBA) experience reporting system, which came into effect on January 01, 2019.

Additionally, there is a paper-based system available for engineering students, although this is just for those students who are entitled to continue experience reporting in the outgoing. For Professional Engineers in the United States who have an up-to-date NCEES Record, academic records, experience reports, and references are sufficient evidence of qualification. If you are submitting your NCEES Record, you are not required to submit experience reports on the APEGS form.

It is highly advised that you read the Competency Assessment for Applicants, Assessors, and Validators handbook before continuing. Visit APEGS Canada for details on the CBA Experience Reporting Orientation presentation and the online CBA reporting system protocol, as well.

Engineers and geoscientists are obliged to complete the APEGS work experience reporting form in order to record, evaluate, and validate their engineering and geoscience work experience, respectively. It enables applicants to identify and meet the competency categories established by the organization in order to be registered as professional engineers or geoscientists.

First and foremost, be certain that you have thoroughly reviewed the reporting rules before commencing the work experience submission.

This would considerably increase the likelihood of success and, as a result, would eliminate the need to deal with rejection.

Experience Reporting Guidelines and Instructions

For Experience Reporting Guidelines and Instructions, please see the following:

  • NOTE 1: The experience reporting process can begin immediately for registered members in training and for a member in training applicants (including overseas candidates) who have been assigned with confirmatory tests.
  • NOTE 2: If you have previous experience as a professional engineer in the United States and have an NCEES record, your NCEES record will suffice to report your experience requirements.

This indicates that your NCEES record would be sufficient for the submission of the APEGS form; no experience report would be required in this instance.

The results of an experience evaluation are never shared over the phone; instead, they are sent through email as soon as they are ready. Please do not call the APEGS office to inquire about the outcome. It takes between one and three months to review the experience report, after which candidates are informed if there is an issue with the report.

Process for Submitting CBA APEGS Reports

There are three ways to submit an APEGS report to CBA APEGS:

  • It is advised to mail hard copies of documents and always keep a copy of the report in case it does not reach the APEGS Canada office on time.
  • Scan and submit your documents to experience-review@apegs.ca. The scan has to be of good quality and contain a file size of less than 5MB. High quality is required since APEGS Canada prints the received reports and then scans them again in tiny file size for secure sharing of data with Reviewers. Additionally, if your supervisor scanned and emailed the signed report to you, you must print and sign it again. After printing and scanning the report three times, the report's quality degrades to an unacceptable level for Reviewers. Thus, it is preferable to submit the original file by email.
  • APEGS Canada generally discourages faxing reports due to the poor quality and difficulty of seeing them after they have been rescanned for Reviewers.

For the new, online CBA System (available solely to engineers-in-training), all information is entered online.

How to Calculate Work Experience

Your expert work experience must have been compensated, including earned commissions or pay. Unpaid internships and voluntary work are not included in APEGS.

Part-time work might be more or less than 15 hours per week as long as it totals 1,560 hours. You may work more than one part-time job to earn the required hours to apply.

Guidelines for Obtaining Successful Approval for APEGS Work Experience


  • It is recommended to acquire design work while preparing to enlist an architect in-preparing.
  • Keeping track of all work, comprehending and carrying out professional development exercises in a manner that was conducive to building affiliation.
  • There is no necessity to acquire knowledge about Canadian work before applying for a collaborative design relationship. Various additional modes of engagement may be permitted in the interim.

In an Attempt to Complete Self-Assessment

There was no official appraisal conducted until the application for P.Eng participation was filed. Once an individual is connected for P.Eng., they must submit a competency self-appraisal for approval, and their application will be audited within two to four months. It gives positive results only if you have included all of the application's required archives.

Reasons for APEGS Report Failure

  • Unreliable experience.
  • Incomplete word count in each element's situation, action, and outcome sections.
  • Generic Data.
  • Imprecise Statements.
  • Lack of detail in describing the technical condition.
  • Validators that are not genuine.
  • Refusing to seek assistance from an expert.

Contact us at GlobalImmigrationHelp or talk with our live chat support representative to obtain the entire APEGS Report Help.

Apply to APEGA as a Professional Member

In order to practice engineering or geoscience, a professional member must meet the necessary academic and work experience requirements. A professional member may be registered as an engineer (P.Eng. ), a geoscientist (P.Geo. ), or both.


Professional Engineer (P.Eng) Requirements

  • 48 months of engineering work experiance
  • Valid references
  • Proof of Canadian Citizenship or permanent resident status
  • Competency in written and spoken English
  • Passing Grade on National Professional Practice Exam
  • good charactor and reputation
  • Graduation from a university program that:
    • is recognized by Canadian Engineering Accredition Bord. or
    • is a related program that the APEGA Bord of Examiners conciders to be equivalent.


Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) Requirements

  • 48 months of geoscientist work experiance
  • Valid references
  • Proof of Canadian Citizenship or permanent resident status
  • Competency in written and spoken English
  • Passing Grade on National Professional Practice Exam
  • good charactor and reputation
  • Graduation from a university program that:
    • neet the requirements of Geoscience Knowledge and Experience Requirements. or
    • is a related program that the APEGA Bord of Examiners conciders to be equivalent to the above.

If your engineering or geological engineering experience in Canada or worldwide is less than 48 months, you will be required to submit and apply for the member-in-training designation. If you have a bachelor's degree in something other than engineering, APEGA suggests that you apply as a member-in-training.

All applicants are required to complete the academic criteria before being considered for membership as a professional member. If you are applying to be a professional member and a discrepancy is discovered during the academic review process, the board will not be able to assess the work experience you have presented to them.

It is always recommended to take help of professional APEGS report writing services.GlobalImmigrationHelp is the industry leader in obtaining positive evaluations for Engineers all over the world.

To elaborate further, even if you do not match the academic standards as outlined above, you may still be qualified to apply if your total qualifications are deemed acceptable by the Examiners' Board.

If you meet all of the qualifications given above and are ready to begin the process of applying for Professional Membership, you must first create an account on myAPEGA.com.

Regarding the disclosure, collecting, and use of any personal information, APEGA adheres to a stringent privacy policy, which is in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.


New Applicants(not members-in-traning) $500
current APEGA members-in-traning $325
P.Eng or P.Geo registered in another canadian provience or territory $250
Registering a second designation $500
Changing Designation $500
Former professional member requesting reinstatement $392

Criteria for Nominations for the APEGS Work Experience Report

The SINP requires that you meet the eligibility requirements and submit all of the required documentation specified below in order to be considered for nomination. Please keep in mind that the application cost, if any, is non-refundable regardless of whether or not you are successful in your application.

Applications for each category will be processed in the order in which they are submitted. The SINP retains the right to prioritize applications in order to align with the strategic priorities of the Government of Saskatchewan. Please see Application Processing Times for the most up-to-date information on application processing times.

Before submitting an application to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), please study the eligibility requirements and required documentation for each of the Saskatchewan Experience (SE) sub-categories listed below before proceeding.

Saskatchewan Experience is a category that recognizes the contributions of foreign nationals who are actively working and residing in Saskatchewan on the basis of a valid work permit (In-SK). Under the SINP, foreign workers who are currently employed and residing in Saskatchewan can apply for one of six sub-categories.

1. Licensed Skilled Worker with an active work permit. This sub-category is for highly skilled professionals who are able to do the following:

  • For at least six months, you must have been employed in Saskatchewan with a valid work permit.
  • You must also have a permanent full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. The job must be in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Matrix "A," "B," or "0," or in a designated trade; and
  • It must meet the criteria of the sub-category in which it is classified.

Reviewing the qualifying requirements and required documentation will help you understand what you'll need to submit an application to the SINP if you're a skilled worker with a current work permit.

2. Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit. This sub-category is for semi-skilled workers who:

  • Have worked in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months with a valid work permit for the employer that has offered them a job, or who have previously worked in the province for at least six months;
  • Have been offered a permanent full-time position by a Saskatchewan firm. The job must be in one of the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) occupations in order to qualify:
    • NOC 8431: General Farm Worker;
    • NOC 8432: Nursery and Greenhouse Worker;
    • NOC 8433: Nursery and Greenhouse Worker
  • Comply with the requirements of the sub-category.

Learn about the documents and eligibility requirements that you'll need to submit an application to the SINP if you're an agriculture worker with an existing work permit in one of the following occupations: General Farm Worker or Nursery or Greenhouse Worker by reviewing the eligibility requirements and required documents.

3. Health Professionals. This sub-category is for skilled professionals who:

  • Have worked full-time in Saskatchewan for at least six months on a temporary work permit as a:
    • Physician;
    • Nurse; or
    • Other health professionals.
  • Conform to the criteria of the category.

Review the qualifying requirements and required documentation to determine what you will require to apply to the SINP as a physician, nurse, or other health professional.

4. Hospitality Sector Project: This sub-category is for foreign workers who want to apply for permanent residency in Saskatchewan and who:

  • Are presently working in Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit through a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA);
  • Have worked for a minimum of six months (780 hours) with a SINP Hospitality-approved employer; and
  • Are working in any of the following jobs:
    • Food and Beverage Server (NOC 6513);
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 6711);
    • Housekeeping and Cleaning Staff (NOC 6731)
  • Comply with the requirements of the sub-category.

Reviewing the qualifying requirements and required documentation will help you understand what you'll need to do in order to apply for the SINP as a worker in the hotel industry.

5. Long-Haul Truck Driver Project. This sub-category is specifically for long-haul truck drivers who:

  • Have a temporary work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and based on a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the Government of Canada;
  • Meet the eligibility requirements for this sub-category of long-haul truck drivers in Saskatchewan.

Reviewing the eligibility requirements and required documentation will help you understand what you'll need to do in order to apply to the SINP as a long-haul truck driver.

6. Students. This sub-category is specific to students who:

  • Have graduated from a Saskatchewan institute or a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada;
  • Worked for at least six months or 780 hours of paid employment in Saskatchewan;
  • A current, permanent, full-time job offer in their field of study from a Saskatchewan employer; and
  • Meet the other requirements of the sub-category.

Reviewing the eligibility requirements and relevant papers will help you understand what you need to do in order to apply to the SINP as a student who has graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.

You should contact the Registration Director or APEGS Registration Assistant if you have any questions or require further information after reading the Checklist and the directions in the experience reporting form. In order to assist a member in training in developing into a professionally capable practitioner, the Member in training and monitoring mechanisms of work experience are designed to: a) take into consideration the Member in training's relationships with the employer/client, the professional organization, and the community. The term "member-in-training" is used to refer to either the engineer-in-training or the geoscientist in training at a company. Members-in-training were held personally and professionally accountable for their own success and development. By submitting work experience reports to supervisors/mentors and APEGS, it is possible to ensure that the appropriate experience, rapports, integrity, and ethics are established, and that skilled training as a professional is obtained to the greatest extent possible. Supervisors and advisers make a significant contribution to the expansion of technical registry involvement. Member in-training is fit for professional certification after 48 months of appropriate working experience. Employers are advised to provide members of training with a comprehensive spectrum and advancement of engineering or geoscientific roles and resources so that the Member of training acquires knowledge and participation in all components of an appropriate job experience as defined in Experience Criteria 2 (for engineering) and 3 (for geoscience). The Experience Examination Committee, through its auditing capability, safeguards the legitimacy of the system by analysing records of employment experience, ensuring that participants get the necessary expertise to deal with unique scenarios. The Committee shall provide guidelines as needed to guarantee that training participants are eligible for professional certification after completing the course.


The following are some general guidelines to help you through the reporting process. Except in the event of five years of experience records being required, this schedule is sometimes extended to candidates who apply technical expertise in order to forgo the confirmatory examinations (academic examinations situations) (see section 2.1 for further detail on academic review cases). This paragraph goes into greater detail about a few of the issues made above:

1. Create distinct reports for employee workers. A different job is a term that refers to a career change for the same boss. Even if the job continues from a previous working period, different working terms will be recognized as distinct occupations for the pre-graduate experience.

2. Preliminary reports should be twelve months (or less) in duration, whereas the final report can take up to 24 months, although shorter. The concluding analysis is the newly gained chronological perspective (not the last submitted report).

3. At least three interactions should be reported so that the Experience Assessment Committee can weigh in on the success and has sufficient information to make a judgment. For instance, when a training member works for the same organization for a whole 48 months without a change in job function (but with an increase in activities and responsibilities), reports are sent at 12, 24, and 48 months (since completing the bachelor degree). If pre-graduation experiences are included, the report will be less than two years. Academic evaluation scenarios requiring five years of experience reports are an exception to this plan. The final report does not extend a period of two years; however, the other preliminary reports (two minimum reports) may be appropriate for intervals based on the work history. Section 2.1 contains more information about academic evaluation procedures.

4. For those with over four years of experience, particularly those who worked in a foreign country prior to moving to Canada, only four years of experience should be submitted for review (with the exception of academic assessment cases, which require five years of experience – see section 2.1) (Refer to point 7).

It is entirely up to you if you have four years of news experience. When deciding the experience to apply for, factors such as selecting the best experience or deciding whether or not to look after your superiors should be considered.

If you like, you may provide an experience that is not included in an experiential report in the form of a résumé and have it in each experience report (to provide Reviewers with an overview of your experience).

5. At least one year of experience must have been earned in a Canadian or equivalent-to-Canadian job environment, with the exception of academic evaluation scenarios in which international experience is available for the whole five years.

"Canadian equivalent" typically refers to something within Canada or the United States and excludes graduate study in Canada. However, if you have international experience working for an organization that follows Canadian regulations, norms, and codes, you can consider it comparable to Canadian. Contact the APEGS office to speak with the Registration Director about your options. Typically, the Canadian impression is the final study; however, this is not always the case.

6. Credit for international experience and higher education would be granted for a three-year term. Section 3 on "Other Types of Experience Credit" has further information.

7. At least one authorised technical registration encounter must have occurred recently. This has typically meant little in the last two years. For example, the end date of the most recent report (the final report) cannot be more than two years ago at the time of the technical Participant submission.

8. Submit reports on time. Regular and timely reporting is required to avoid delays in professional membership certification. Additional job experience documentation will be required if required records have not been supplied. If this is the case, proceed immediately with the application of the reports you have generated.

Daily monitoring enables progress evaluation and provides valuable feedback to training participants and managers, regardless of whether report-writing abilities, experience, or progress rate during the membership-in-training duration are involved.

9. The amount of credit months does not affect the year's real period cap. You will only be eligible for a 12-month loan, for example, if you worked 80 hours per week. According to the first page of the reporting form, 40 or more hours of labour per week is considered full time.

When you work fewer than 40 hours per week, it is considered part-time, and the percentage is computed based on a 40-hour limit. To begin, if you work ten hours a week as a teacher, it will take you 25% of the months to acquire the expertise for which you apply.

10. Occasionally, experience notes will be submitted. At the conclusion of the report form, the Experience Appraisal Committee will update the summary and proposal form (RSF), determining the condition of the report and taking it into account by modifying the report before it is submitted.

For example, if you have prior international experience and your signature has been delayed by an international boss, and if the final Canadian experience report is signed first, you can apply it till you file previous international experience reports.

11. If you are unsure of your background, contact the APEGS office.


This segment is not suited for you if you are enrolled in a training program and have gained technical knowledge as a result of your enrolment. Three confirmatory assessments are granted to nominees who do not possess an authorized engineering credential recognized by the Council but do possess at least a bachelor's degree in engineering or geoscience education as determined by the Academic Examination Committee (ARC). The confirmatory exams are used to assess whether a student's level of education is at least comparable to that of a bachelor's degree in Canada.

The reasoning behind adopting expert evaluation in lieu of confirmatory tests is that the Bachelor's degree must be designed in such a way that the individual's engineering/geoscience work meets the minimum standard expected of a Canadian engineer or geoscientist.

Suppose the claimant appears to have specialized in engineering or geology (as described in its summary). In that case, the ARC may forgo confirmatory exams by referring five-year meetings to the Experience Evaluation Committee (ERC). The ERC will determine whether the candidate's history indicates an interest in pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering or geoscience.

The ERC requires a certain level of experience in order to waive the confirmatory examination for professional registration. As they are candidates for training, APEGS will continue to examine its academics.

Suppose the experimental reports indicate that the applicant is sufficiently educated to perform acceptable engineering or geoscience work in accordance with the minimum standards for professional registration and confirmatory examinations. In that case, the ERC may also grant credit for professional registration. This is the same test as the one used to determine whether a member qualifies for professional licensing experiences. Months of experience are calculated based on the five years of experience supplied. For instance, if any five years are overseas, professional registration requires a minimum of three years of experience (because one year is allocated for Canadian and Canadian experience).

GlobalImmigrationHelp Canada offers the best and most affordable APEGS Report writing services. We are the market leader with a team of highly talented native writers who ensure 100% genuine report writing that stands out.

If the expertise is Canadian or has a 'Canadian counterpart' for a 12-month period, up to four years of experience may be required for professional registration. With two caveats, the openness standards outlined in this article apply to academic assessment situations just as they do to individuals qualified for credit for experience:

  • 1. An additional year of expertise will be granted for academic evaluation situations, bringing the total to five years;
  • 2. An additional year of expertise will be granted for academic evaluation situations, bringing the total to five years; the majority of studies cited in institutional test papers will have an awareness of direct theory application. Generally, no concept applicable to the applicant's position is explicitly extended for applicants with strict project management competence. The committee's lack of direct experience with theory implementation, notably in engineering and engineering review, precludes it from determining whether confirmatory examinations can be dropped.

Get in touch

Email Address


Phone number

AU: +61-4-8161-0760

UK: +44-7380-308144

Australia Address

LC Centre, 19 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000

Canada Address

60 Martin Ross Ave, North York, ON M3J 2L5, Canada